AmyJune Hineline: Enable contributors. Make it accessible. Help open source win.
AmyJune Hineline, open source community ambassador at Kanopi Studios and Aaron Winborn award winner, shows us how her compassion as a hospice nurse and "I can fix it" experience as a Volkswagen mechanic helped her become a leading figure in the Drupal open source project.
Here are some of the key points from our conversation:
- How the altruism of a hospice nurse translated to open source.
- The power of community.
- Finding your place in technology even if you're not a coder.
- What Volkswagen maintenance and web development have in common.
- Making open source contribution easy, even for non-coders.
- The importance of accessibility.
- The wonderful world of geocaching.