Episode 5: Adventures in CI/CD
Alec fills in for Dustin this episode and talks with Solomon Gifford from BlackMesh about the wild world of modern CI/CD providers, SecDevOps, and the quest to put the "dev" back in "DevOps".
A few weeks ago Solomon Gifford from BlackMesh and the Lando team collaborated on a guide to modern CI/CD providers to help developers take the next step in their CI/CD adventurers. This episode we follow-up on that article. A few things to listen for in our conversation...
- From Jenkins to GitLab: the three epochs of CI/CD technology.
- Document. Standardize. Automate.
- What is the authorization boundary?
- How security concerns are "shifting left" toward the developer.
- Can CI/CD save developers from increasing operational burdens?
You can reach out to Solomon on the BlackMesh website or tweet @sgifford.
Got an idea for an episode? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @devwithlando.
Like what you're hearing? Sponsor Lando on Github or Patreon.
Podcast theme music by Transistor.fm. Learn how to start a podcast here.